Pages

How To Install Rosegarden in Ubuntu

I love music, well who doesn't. It's just awesome the feeling that you get... although I don't know what's in it for others but, me, for some reason, music just brings the mind to "this" moment rather than indulging in here and there... it maybe for a few minutes... but it's totally awesome! :).

But sadly I'm the worse musician :(. I have a friend who has same pretty impressive artistic (creating music to be precise, dude sucks when it comes to singing :P) abilities and after seeing him doing his "thing" in his PC I also wanted to install and to create a music track!.

But within the first few minutes, I was confronted by my intuition, showing how bad I was as a musician... so I gave it up.

But for all ya lucky ones out there with a talent for music creation who also happens to be using GNU/Linux, then you might be interested in the app called Rosegarden!. Although I'm not an expert in this field.. so, honestly, I really can't say if Rosegarden is really worth it. But I'll let you decide.

I couldn't find a singe "Rose" in it :)....

Here are few of its main features (fetched from the official site)...

*. Audio track editor.

*. MIDI manager.

*. Matrix, Event editor.

*. Record and mix your audios with the provided effects and samples.

*. Edit/Print notations.

These are just a few to name (I guess ;-) ), if you want to install Rosegarden in Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal, then you can do so by entering the below command in your Terminal. This should also work for 10.10 and 10.04.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ferramroberto/rosegarden
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install rosegarden

No comments:

Post a Comment