Pages

Translate-Me: A Simple Text Translator for Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

First you may ask, why the heck do I need such an app when we have a lot of free online (web-based) word/HTML... translators!. Well, to be honest, I don't have an answer for that. But every time you want to translate a text file, if you want to avoid the "pleasure" of opening your Web browser and manually entering the URL, etc and go to the translator service page...

...and would like to have a very small, easy to use application that can be launched by a click of your mouse, then seriously, Translate Me is pretty awesome. It supports a lot of languages + you can use more than one "Translate me" windows at the same time by using your keyboard (Control + Enter, for switching between many) as well.

Ohh, now I understand your language pal :)...

The developer has added few new features to this latest version which is now 0.3.9.4 such as text deleting button, etc. If you use Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal, then you can install Translate my by issuing the below command.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:atareao/atareao

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install translate-me

No comments:

Post a Comment